|Because I work in the software industry as my day job as well as the software I release here, it seems best to me to standardize on the VCS that I use. And we use Mercurial at work so I've moved to using Mercurial on BitBucket for all Memecode related projects as well. The conversion wasn't straight forward, I really wanted to keep the branches in the Scribe and Lgi repo's. That took a lot of mucking around but it's all done now. Scribe was on a Subversion server and Lgi was on Github. So I learnt a lot about how to convert different types of repositories to hg.
I actually think the branching in Mercurial makes more sense than Git, just in that each commit is tagged with the branch name rather than just the tip. I'm already starting to use the branching to keep experimental features away from the "stable" default branch. I recently ripped out the built in Iterator of the List class so that it would force all the code using it to be thread safe (the built in Iterator wasn't thread safe). So the next Scribe release will be off default, without all those Iterator changes, because I need more time to resolve the bugs I introduced... and there have been quite a few. Yay for feature branches!
At a meta level I will be spending less time on software this year because I'm working on writing an EP and maybe getting a band together later in the year. And that is taking a lot of my time. Overall I think I prioritized software too much and music too little, and this is just a correction of that. But I will try and keep the bug fixes rolling along in the background. Work life balance ey!