Blog
Page: 0 ... 5 ... 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 ... 30 ... 35 ... 40 ... 45 ... 50 ... 55 ... 60 ... 65 ... 70 ... 75 ... 80 ... 85 ... 90
Scribe / Exchange 2010
Date: 15/2/2011
Tags: outlook email imap
So I spend my life writing this email client to get away from Outlook:
And then they change to Exchange 2010 which Scribe for whatever reason can't authenticate on so I start using Outlook 2010 and for a while I put up with it. Then I after a few weeks I get sick of it and try and get Scribe working and with Exchange and fail. Then a few weeks go by and then I try again, different problems. Then more weeks go by, FML. Then I finally have it out and spend too long frigging with NTLM. I read the M$ docs and they are completely WRONG. So I download various open source libraries, they are too old and broken and also WRONG. So I start reading 10 different descriptions of the protocol on the web, which all conflict, but I start getting the gist of it. Then I download the Thunderbird source code and start reading that. Because it does NTLM authentication. And finally after using that as a guide, all these months later, I authenticate with Exchange's IMAP server. And then notice lots of things are broken, so fix fix fix, and now it's running OK. Then I see the calendar folder and click on it, and up shows a list like this:
So Exchange goes to all the trouble of exporting an IMAP folder called "Calendar" that when you click on has a list of email that contains little notes to the effect that "Oh hai, there was a calendar entry here, but I moved it, and btw you need to use Outlook to view it".

*twitch*

*twitch*

Apparently back in Exchange 2002 or something there use to be email containing vCal attachments in the Calendar folder. But some pointy haired boss at Microsoft put an end to that interoperability quick smart.
(0) Comments | Add Comment

Visual Studio 2010 is as fun as a broken leg
Date: 11/1/2011
Apart from the constant crashes, unbearable slowness and long load times, vs2010 has this bug... where "Go To Definition" results in:



So thinking that maybe a compile switch might fix that I turn on "Enable Browse Information" (/FR) for my project, because that sounds like it might be useful for looking up symbols, or something. I rebuild (just in case) and try to lookup a symbol definition... and...



But do you know what that option is useful for?

Turning off member variable lookup in the debugger.

Yup. Awesome isn't it?

So I turn it off, rebuild, and wow, I can see class member variables in the debugger again.

Top work Microsoft, now get back to ignoring your users.
(0) Comments | Add Comment

Well well well... what 'ave we here?
Date: 30/11/2010
Tags: itunes
It seems the iTunes 10 persistant library ID nut has been cracked by Felipe. I wonder what I should do with that information?
(2) Comments | Add Comment

i.Hex now on SourceForge
Date: 26/8/2010
Tags: open-source i.Hex
I've created a SourceForge project for i.Hex here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/i hex
(0) Comments | Add Comment

Scribe/Mac unified toolbar
Date: 18/8/2010
Tags: mac code
I got this working today:
Looks a little more native eh? I think the icons are still a little blurry, but to fix that I'll have to create full resolution source icons, which are 128x128. Currently they are 24x24, and they are getting scaled somewhat for display on the toolbar. First x4 to fill the 128x128 source image and then down to whatever size the HIToolbar wants to display them as.

I've been playing for years now with getting native scrollbars working. But thats proven too difficult so far for this little black duck.
(0) Comments | Add Comment

i.Mage on SourceForge
Date: 4/8/2010
i.Mage is now on SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/image-editor
All the source is checked into SVN and it's builds on windows. Will check on Mac when I get a chance.
(0) Comments | Add Comment