Up to i.Scribe...
Focus for the v2.4 branch:
- Native HTML reply support.
- Faster folder loads in mail3 folders.
- Better IMAP handling. There are long term bugs that need fixing.
- Gtk3 port stability. Some API changes will need to happen to support async GTK API's.
- Gtk: Fixed the rich text editor scrollbar not painting.
- Gtk/Mac: Fixed ⌘+click on a list doing multi-select.
- Gtk: Fixed unicode handling in the RTE.
- Mac: Fixed ⌘+C and similar keyboard shortcuts in the HTML editor.
- Mac: The system tray icon doesn't support different mouse buttons so I made the default action show the sub-menu of contacts and actions.
- Gtk/Mac: Changed the Edit → Delete shortcut to Backspace instead of delete because that's what GTK translates the key next to the right of '=' to.
- Gtk: Stopped subject lines in the list of mail in a folder wrapping and putting stray pixels below the subject.
- Mac: Fixed all the menu shortcuts to use ⌘ as the main modifier.
- Mac: Fixed Aspell installing itself and dictionaries. The code that copies over the data folder is a bit more robust.
- Gtk: Fixed a lot of popups disappearing after opening, eg the colour selectors on the RTE and the calendar window time and date selectors. They were disappearing because the parent window would jump on top of them. Seems like a GTK bug, but if you set the popup as a transient for the parent window it works ok.
- Gtk: Added some more shortcuts into the file open dialog.
- Gtk: Added support for ⌘+Q shortcut to quit.
- Fixed the ⌘+W shortcut on the mail window not prompting you to save changes.
- Gtk: Fixed the Cancel button on the standard question dialog not working correctly.
- Gtk: Fixed repainting areas of the window where views have been removed. Eg when clicking on a new folder without content the previous mail being previewed would still be visible.
- Gtk: Fixed unresponsive contact search result popup in the mail window.
- Gtk: Fixed resdefs.h missing from the Resources sub-folder.
- Gtk: Tool tips and the mail window address browse popup are now correctly located on screen.
- Gtk: Also fixed the keyboard access to the address browse popup.
- Gtk: Fixed the font selector.
- Gtk/Mac: Fixed ⌘ key not being detected.
- Gtk: Added support for text clipping, this fixes overflowing text a bunch of places: calendar view, HTML images, font name in the RTE.
- Gtk: Fixed (some) images not loading (eg. about dialog).
- Gtk: Fixed not being able to get a file's MIME type.
- Gtk: Fixed about dialog saying it's a debug build even in a release build.
- Gtk: Added bundling of the OpenSSL libraries.
- Mac: Fixed lots of windows to close with ⌘+W rather than Ctrl+W. Same with save and a few others.
- The Linux and Mac builds have been migrated to GTK3. This is a major rewrite and lots of things broke and got mended. Likely there are still lots of issues. The Mac build will be 64bit instead of 32, as Apple will no longer support 32bit. Also Apple will require apps to be notarized. Which I will probably not bother doing. So this means from about 10.15 onwards you won't be able to use Scribe. However I doubt anyone is using it on a Mac anyway, so who cares?
- Merged in the thread safe iterator changes.
- Better Outbox detection on sending.
- Gtk: Added 'lgi-conf.json' support for reading a font DPI setting. Will add support for setting the value from the UI later.