Thread

Index > Scribe > Scheduling an email to be sent
Author/Date Scheduling an email to be sent
Scott
12/04/2019 9:18pm
I'm trying to schedule an email to be sent at a certain time. The calendar event email feature does not seem to work. Any idea on how I can accomplish this (for this weekend)? Perhaps with the use of Puppeteer or AutoHotKey?
fret
13/04/2019 12:31am
Try v2.3.10
Scott
13/04/2019 11:31am
Thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately, I'm getting a No recipients to send to. despite putting an email address in the "optional email" field.
Is it possible to enter multiple emails in this field?
Shouldn't it pull the email addresses from the Guests field? Maybe it should pre-populate with these Guest addresses and then you can whittle them down by deleting them?
Scott
13/04/2019 12:51pm
A little more poking into the Outbox reveals that the From box is empty, which could be causing this error:

<xxx@yyy.net>
The server doesn't support any compatible authentication types:

The server doesn't support any compatible authentication types:

Also, would it be possible to include the Description in the text of the Email?

fret
15/04/2019 10:32am
Shouldn't it pull the email addresses from the Guests field?
I don't know what it "should" do. Or at least I'm figuring it out as I go. So I guess that makes more sense than my plan. I'll keep the optional email argument as that might be useful. But I'll add the guests to the list of recipients for the next build.

box is empty
This is an identity issue, it will use the currently selected identity (from the main windows menu) as the from address. It worked fine for me, but there may be issues with it still.

would it be possible to include the Description in the text of the Email?
Sure.
fret
24/04/2019 9:49am
v2.3.11 should work for you. The guests are now added as recipients.
Scott
12/07/2019 7:55am
The From field does not get populated by calendar event-generated reminder emails.
This causes an error in sending and blocks sending emails on the SMTP server until the email is removed from the Outbox.