Thread

Index > Scribe > Couldn't Open Connection To The Server
Author/Date Couldn't Open Connection To The Server
Debra
23/10/2013 5:07am
I've read through the other posts and the 'fix' did not work for me. I have two accounts listed and neither one can send mail, only receive. They both put out the same subject line message.
fret
23/10/2013 9:48am
There is some information on getting the log here. If you could have a go at getting the log for sending an email on your accounts that don't work and send me the log I can help you further.
Debra
24/10/2013 8:43am
Every time I hit send, it clears the log and it stays clear until it goes to retrieve mail. So it's not logging anything during the send, only the retrieve.
Debra
25/10/2013 1:50am
So as of now, I've just deleted all the information in the send area since it won't send anyway. I have to use Outlook on my other computer to reply to these emails. I just wanted something quick and easy to reply to clients and i.Scribe came highly recommended. Needing multiple accounts I purchased InScribe. I tried several variations of server information with/without port number, authenticate checked, not checked. I'm not even sure I'm inputting any information correctly. So maybe if you clarify the following I can resolve this. So, using AOL/POP Top line "Server" would that be smtp.aol.com ? And is a port number necessary? On ePrompter I use smtp.aim.com and it works better than aol.com, so I tied that here as well but still get the couldn't connect message.
Debra
25/10/2013 2:07am
Okay, never mind I played around with it so more and finally got both to send. Is there a way to get them to send from different accounts without having to go into options and change the default send account?