Up to Scribe...
- Fixed bayesian filter rebuild changing mail to unread incorrectly.
- Fixed bayesian filter rebuild getting "stuck" and not processing mail3 email.
- Fixed bayesian filter rebuild all function not actually writing out the final btree indexes. Sigh.
- Fixed the openssl connections leaking socket handles when the connection fails. Eventually this would cause things like "too many files open" errors on Linux.
- Added support for more Lgi config settings. Firstly there is Fonts.PointSizeOffset that will adjust the point size of all the system fonts used by Scribe. Then you can also set things like Fonts.SystemFont to actually override the font face and point size rather than use the system supplied font. See the actual lgi.conf file for the other tag names.
- Linux: Fixed the install and use of a private OpenSSL copy (v3.2.0 built by me) if the system one isn't suitable. It's unbelievable that the libssl3.so that ships with Ubuntu 20 is missing important export symbols and is basically unusable. But that's Linux for you.
- The folder select dialog now has a filter edit box. Also double clicking an item selects that path and ends the dialog (ie same as clicking 'ok').
- Updated the scripting syntax help page with some updated type names, information about casting values and some new DOM member fields.
- Added 2 new scripting functions to convert between colour space integers (LColourSpace in Lgi) and strings: ColourSpaceToString, StringToColourSpace.
- Updated the release notes link on the title page to point to this page.
- Fixed importing MBOX or EML not having the message body when the file just has bare LF line endings (not the standard CRLF).
- Refactored the import / export API to be asynchronous. Particularly for folders which can take a longer amount of time. Having the api support callbacks when the operation is finished and return a "delayed" status to the caller is excellent. This will also tie in nicely with the Haiku branch work. Which is mostly about making all the things asynchronous.
- Fixed the item filter to correctly show any coloured items when clicking "any" in the colour filter. Previously it would only show any of the selected colours, and colours outside that range were not shown. Ie if you set a colour via a script. Which by the way uses 32 bit ARGB (0xAARRGGBB).
- Fixed dragging a vcalendar/vcard files to a webdav folder. Previously it would complain it's the wrong item type.
- [Windows] Fixed the image libraries not loading.
- Fixed finding the Resource folder.
- Fixed the check software update.
- Removed all propriety code, like the OAUTH client secrets and anything related to InScribe keys or i.Scribe limits.
- Set up a mercurial repository to host the source: https://phab.mallen.id.au/source/scribeopensrc/
- The windows build is switching to vs2019, and there will be some changes to the way the redistributable is installed if missing.
- New callback type: OnAfterMailReceive(App, Email).
- New App object method: App.GetUri(Uri, CallbackName, UserData).
- New App object method: App.SearchHtml(Html, SearchExpression, ResultExpression).
- New Mail object method: Mail.SearchHtml(SearchExpression, ResultExpression).
- Fixed handling in some contexts of expressions that use array arguments.
- New Mail object method: Mail.DeleteAsSpam(). Fairly self explanatory.
- Imap server UID field now sorts in integer order (instead of the default string).
- Pop preview button in the tool bar now honours the order of accounts listed in the options. It'll preview the first pop3 account. If you want to change the default make the desired pop account first in the list with the arrows in the options dialog.
- When an email is marked as spam, the UID is stored in the account for deletion on the next POP3 connection. However if the user elects to open the preview window and change the action from "delete" to "download" the software previously would still just delete the email. Which is just incorrect. Now it removes that email's UID from the spam list and allows it to download normally. While fixing that I also made change to the spam UID list save correctly by marking the list as dirty.
- Added entity encoding for less than and greater than characters when wrapping and quoting HTML replies/forwards so that the HTML edit control displays them correctly.
- Fixed the set read/unread on the mail context menu.
- Html editor: Added right click on URL to launch in Browser.