Up to Scribe...
- Added support to the HTML control for LGI colour defines (LC_MED, LC_LOW etc) which under windows map to the current system colours.
- Fixed the separator line on email printouts. Printing is now supported in the crossplatorm API of LGI, so it'll be a snap to port to Linux (depending on how painful the Linux API's are for graphical printing).
- Implemented the initial version of the Scribe Document Object Model. This allows the user to access various fields within objects using a textual description. For example the first field to support DOM is the "Set Label" filter argument. If you get email from customers and you store their customerid in one of the contact's custom fields calling the field "CustomerId" you could create a filter to assign that customer id to the label of each email from that customer by making the "Set Label" argument equal to "mail.from.contact.CustomerId". "Mail" being the email that the filter is current acting on. The from object has the fields "name", "email", "type" (cc/bcc/to etc) and "contact" which looks up the contact associated with that email (if any). Pretty neat eh? So this will gradually replace any other from of addressing used in the filters and the XML scripting. Dom supports arrays of information as well, indexed by integer (and possibly name in the future). Btw the customisation of reply to and forwarding will use Dom to select information out of the "source" email. Thats in the pipeline.
- I had another go at fixing the tabbing around windows. So far so good, I've eliminated invisible or disabled controls for the tab order, fixed the tab order being mucked up by windows dialog handling and fixed the focus box in checkboxes. The main window now tabs between the folder, items and preview really well.
- Added drag'n'drop MBOX import/export to folder tree. Email (.EML) and Mbox (.MBX & .MBOX) files can be dropped on specific folders to import them. A folder can be dropped on another folder to move it, or onto and application that receives files (i.e. Explorer) to export as MBOX. If the folder is large then a progress bar will appear during the export, just hold down the mouse and wait for it to finish, then drop the file where you want it.
- Added undo/redo to the Unicode edit control (yes I know, about a year too late ;).
- The unicode edit control gracefully degrades to an available codepage.
- Fixed a crash in the Font code. They cropped up when the codepage the font was set to wasn't supported.
- Fixed the text controls dividing by 0 when the codepage wasn't supported. Now they just bail out of the layout if the font is bad.