Thread

Index > Scribe > Indenting preview text
Author/Date Indenting preview text
dazbo
04/09/2007 10:43pm
Hi,
May I start of by saying this program is fantastic!
I've been using barca for few years now and i was looking for alternative
and i must say this program looks excellent, especially the scripting that seems
to be getting tested now. The scripting is a big issue for me and is the reason i am attracted to this program.

With that said i cant seem to figure out how to indent the preview text in the list view, i'd like to indent another tab at least as i find it distracting.

Also, while i'm here, is there a way to show all the headers and the email address next to the names?

Thanks
dazbo
fret
04/09/2007 10:55pm
May I start of by saying this program is fantastic!

You may, but just this once ;)

The scripting is a big issue for me and is the reason i am attracted to this program.

While the scripting engine itself is improving it's "api" to the rest of the program is limited to say the best. But I'm open to suggestions and requirements from scriptors.

With that said i cant seem to figure out how to indent the preview text in the list view, i'd like to indent another tab at least as i find it distracting.

Currently it's behaviour is hard coded into the C++ so there is no way to edit it with an existing build. It's too obscure to add an option in the UI but I would consider adding support for a text file option.

Also, while i'm here, is there a way to show all the headers and the email address next to the names?

Are you talking about the to/from/subject/date headers in the main window preview area? If that is what your talking about you can edit that by changing the PreviewMail.html file in the Resources subfolder. The size of the panel is fixed at the moment, but you can change the content using the available DOM fields.
dazbo
04/09/2007 11:34pm
That was quick. thanks.

Yes a text file option would be nice.

Not so sure about this dom thing though. i could'nt work out what was going where
For instance in the page you refered too i couldn't see a "FromHtml" or a "ToHtml" and assumed it i could just take the html part away to leave "mail.To". I look around more to get to grips with it or maybe there a short tutorial somewhere?

It looks really powerful, btw. i'm even more intrigued now.

cheers
dazbo
fret
05/09/2007 2:09am
I wrote out a document describing the available API calls for the scripting language. It'll be part of the next release.