Thread

Index > Scribe > Incorrect <mail.datesent> field in Reply / Forward format.
Author/Date Incorrect <mail.datesent> field in Reply / Forward format.
Scott
18/03/2022 9:35pm
Forwarding or replying to a message has a discrepancy between the Date Sent and the field in the Reply / Forward format.

I'm seeing a four hour discrepancy. The contacts are generally -5 + UTC, so I don't know where this value is coming from.

Fiddling with the setting "Don't adjust dates to local timezone" didn't seem to help.
fret
19/03/2022 8:32am
I think you'll need to provide a more specific example. Including your current time and timezone when you attempt to send the reply/forward.
Scott
26/03/2022 10:10pm
One problem is that my ISP is slightly broken and has botched their Time Zones.
Rather than -5.0 the time zone is -0400; in the Internet Header tab, I see the line for ; Sat, 26 Mar 2022 06:51:04 -0400
The "Don't adjust dates to local timezone" setting doesn't seem to have any effect. What does this setting do?

I have sent examples of email.
fret
31/03/2022 1:56pm
Fyi the email I sent to you bounced back with "554 Access Denied". Twice.

the Preview Date
That looks like a bug.

the Internet Header date field
That's driven off the windows GetTimeZoneInformation function call. So it's your system timezone that is "wrong". It does try to take into account daylight savings time.

If you right click on the date/time in the bottom right corner of windows and "Adjust Date/Time": what is the Time zone and DST set to?

your contact time zone is set to -5.0.
This is only used to show the contact's local time in the mail compose window recipient list and the contact detail window itself. I'm pretty sure it's never used for sending or received email dates.
Scott
15/04/2022 9:17pm
Fyi the email I sent to you bounced back with "554 Access Denied". Twice.
That's odd, I'm not blocking any email addresses.

If you right click on the date/time in the bottom right corner of windows and "Adjust Date/Time": what is the Time zone and DST set to?
My system time (Windows 7) is set to UTC-05:00 with DST ending on Nov 6.

your contact time zone is set to -5.0.
This is only used to show the contact's local time in the mail compose window recipient list and the contact detail window itself. I'm pretty sure it's never used for sending or received email dates.

So contact time zone is used to fill in the field for the Reply and Forward formats?