Thread

Index > Scribe > ics
Author/Date ics
exosceleton
27/02/2006 12:50pm
there are programs that put several calendar events into a single ics file.
Scribe only imports the last event in that file.
I dont know wat the standard is for the ics file format, and wheter it is considered "wrong" to put more that one event in a file, but would you consider implementing a ics file import function for more than 1 event?
fret
27/02/2006 9:09pm
I've heard of this before and forgot about it. Because I havn't needed it personally I never got around to implementing it.

Anyway I think it's worth having another look at.
exosceleton
01/03/2006 8:37am
I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement, but i was just thinking that it would be very handy when scribe could not only in/export to such a file,but also synchronise with it.
To facilitate a file standard based way of interprogram (inter platform) communication, or just a way to keep 2 scribe calendars (home-work,partner-partner) in sync. (as an offline alternative to using server based shared calendaring)

just thinking out loud...

exo
exosceleton
07/05/2007 8:59am
just ran into this problem again and remembered that we discussed this previously.
have you distilled any thoughts on the "multiple events in a ics file" concept, fret?
fret
10/05/2007 2:06am
I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement, but i was just thinking that it would be very handy when scribe could not only in/export to such a file,but also synchronise with it.
To facilitate a file standard based way of interprogram (inter platform) communication, or just a way to keep 2 scribe calendars (home-work,partner-partner) in sync. (as an offline alternative to using server based shared calendaring)

This is a nice idea. In fact I want to add read only support for this soon to the existing calendar system. But adding write support is hard, for several reasons. There are many ways to write to a file (local/web/ftp/dav), and there is locking in a multiple user environment etc etc.

just ran into this problem again and remembered that we discussed this previously.
have you distilled any thoughts on the "multiple events in a ics file" concept, fret?

This is fixed for the next build.
exosceleton
10/05/2007 6:10am
lets see if i have this right.
scribe will then be capable to sync with a ICS file, one way ics-->scribe.
and scribe will be capable to export to ICS.

so if i set a scribe install (lets say scribe1) to sync with ICSfile a, and then export to ICSb...
and i sync scribe2 with ICSb and export to ICSa, i could syncronise scribe1 & scribe2?