Thread

Index > Scribe > Sent & Outbox folder functionality
Author/Date Sent & Outbox folder functionality
Ivan
27/04/2017 6:50am
Let me know if I am mistaken, but in 1.xx version, when I clicked Send after composing a message, the message would be stored in the Outbox folder until the message is actually sent. Only after that, the message would be moved to the Sent folder.

This way, when working offline and online, I was able to clearly see which messages were transmitted (in the Sent folder) and which still weren’t (in Outbox).

In the new version (I have 2.1), the composed message is now moved to the Sent folder immediately after hitting the Send button, even though the message has not been actually sent yet (when working in offline). The Outbox folder now serves as a drafts folder (and it should be named as such) to which one can save drafts by clicking the Save button. You still need to open the saved message in the Outbox folder and hit Send to actually send the message. This new confusion between Outbox and Sent folders really defies the logic of previous user experiences with this email client.

Is there a way to fix this?

It would be very useful to add a user setting that would allow to store messages which are ready for sending in the Outbox folder (instead of Sent). Otherwise, the Outbox folder should be renamed as Drafts.
fret
27/04/2017 7:29am
In the new version (I have 2.1), the composed message is now moved to the Sent folder immediately after hitting the Send button, even though the message has not been actually sent yet (when working in offline).
I'm not seeing that behaviour here. I've tried sending both online and offline and it's behaving correctly:

a) Online: Email is saved to the Outbox. When the SMTP session completes successfully the email is moved to the Sent folder.

b) Offline: Email is saved to the Outbox. When the user puts Scribe into Online mode it sends the waiting email and after a successful SMTP it moves the email to Sent.

Which is what it should do. Maybe something unusual about your config or computer. Is it possible to screen capture your work flow and send me a video? Or alternatively I could connect with Skype and have a look (Skype user 'memecode').