|Index > Scribe > installer, how is it portable?|
|Author/Date||installer, how is it portable?|
|Description says "small portable email client" yet I only see installers. I am looking for the portable exe file so I don't need to use an "installer." What gives?|
|Yes it comes in an installer. For several reasons:
- It's smaller.
- It can install the Visual Studio runtimes that you'll need to actually run it.
- Install to the USB key or whatever.
- Select "portable" mode when you run for the first time.
- The uninstaller will be written to the USB key.
- Email and settings will be stored to the USB key in the same folder as the executable.
Alternatively there are unpackers than will extract all the files in the installer. I think 7zip might do that.