Thread

Index > Scribe > multiple mail accounts with multiple mail stores
Author/Date multiple mail accounts with multiple mail stores
Scott
01/04/2012 2:20am
With InScribe, I have two mail accounts and I was trying to use them with separate mail stores as I would like to keep the accounts as separate as possible for archiving and other reasons. Ideally, I would like the mail stores and accounts to be completely independent of each other, just sharing a common application and interface.

This doesn't seem to be how InScribe works however. It seems that the filters are only able to recognize the first mail store loaded. It would be nice if the filters were capable of moving mail to a different mail store rather than just the first (dominant) one.
fret
03/04/2012 9:52am
As far as I know the filters can move the mail to any loaded folder. For example I have a mail3 folder and an IMAP folder loaded and the filters can move my email to folders in either store.

However Scribe will only run filters FROM the first mail3 store. So maybe you are storing the filters in both mail stores?
Scott
07/04/2012 4:38am
You're right, other mail stores are accessible from the filter. However, they are not visible in the "Select Folder" dialog that appears when you click on the "..." button. Only the first mail store is visible. You have to type the mail folder into the Argument field.
Scott
08/04/2012 6:28am
Similarly, the "Destination Folder" in the Account-Receive setup only displays the first mail store in the "..." Select Folder dialog. However, this Destination Folder text box is read-only and does not allow you to type in the name of the folder. Hence, there is no way to have the incoming mail stored in a different mail store by default.

You can move the mail to a different mail store with a filter, but it would be slicker to just store it there in the first place.