- Applications available here will only contact this (Memecode.com) website to:
- Check for updates.
- Download components that they need to function or display content.
- Applications may also contact other websites if the user requests them to do so. Including loading of images
from third party sites in Scribe, if configured to do so, either manually or automatically. This may
be used by the third party site to infer information about the user. This is outside of Memecode's control,
in fact Scribe by default doesn't load images in email.
- No user account detail or statistics are stored or reported to Memecode.com.
- If configured to connect to Google's IMAP and/or SMTP servers Scribe will use your gmail credentials to access
or send email. These emails will be cached locally on the machine you execute Scribe on. But no account
information is shared over the network or to any third party. An authentication token will be stored
in the local settings file stored on the hard disk to facilitate futher connections.
If this doesn't answer all your questions then let me know via email or the