Thread

Index > Scribe > Do you plan this function?
Author/Date Do you plan this function?
Svata
23/12/2002 3:04pm
fRET,

when my wife saw Scribe, she said : "Yes, it looks very good. I don't want Outlook (Express] at home anymore." She is working with Outlook at work. Her first question was : "Is there any possibility to group messages in basic view? For me is very helpful to group mails by sender e-mail or by subject..." Do you plan something like this?

Merry christmas and a Happy New Year!

Svata
Prague, Czech republic.

P.S. : Do you want updated czech language file for Scribe 1.85?
fReT
23/12/2002 11:07pm
How is this different to sorting the email in a folder by clicking on the column heading?

Btw, how out of date is the Czech translation? Someone is already maintaining that translation.
Svata
24/12/2002 6:16am
To sort or group function :

Grouping is good, when you take part in for example e-mail conference. You can have one topic grouped by subject.

For example this is typical situation in e-mail conference :

Problem one
Re : Problem one
Problem Two
Re : Problem Two

If you sort this, you have

Problem one
Problem Two
Re : Problem Two

So at first topics, and then solutions.

If you have groups, you can have this :

Problem one
-- Re : Problem one
-- Re : Problem one

Problem Two
-- Re : Problem Two

All topics as tree. You can expand only one topic and see how many answers you have for this topic...

Is this description good enough?

To Czech language version :
As I know, last translated version is from august for version 1.73. Main interface is translated very well, there are only some missing words in settings or in dialogs.

Svata
Prague, Czech republic

Steven Hall
31/12/2002 12:48am
I think the poster is referring to "threading" the messages (like newsreaders and the mail program munite).
fReT
31/12/2002 1:13am
Yeah, threading is a feature I plan to implement someday. I even have a algorithm for it lying around. I just havn't got time at the moment.