Thread

Index > Scribe > Preview on Server: select all & override limit
Author/Date Preview on Server: select all & override limit
Mikey
12/08/2006 10:18pm
1) Would be nice to have a button for "select all" and then buttons for "mark delete" and "mark download" and followed by clicking the existing to "OK" button to execute. Any variation on this you think is better would be fine with me. If I could avoid clicking each individual message's boxes for delete and download, then just uncheck a few as desired, the preview on server would become more useful for screening messages from very active mailing lists.

2) Not sure if it's intentional design change. Used to be that when a message size limit was set in Account Properties, the Preview on Server download option would override that. Now I have to change the setting in properties, then remember to change it back (I keep the limit low to block spam). If the new behavior is intential, my preference would be for an "overide limit" checkbox in the Preview on Server window that when checked allows the old functionality.
fret
12/08/2006 10:33pm
1) Would be nice to have a button for "select all"

That would be Ctrl+A

buttons for "mark delete" and "mark download"

Click the column heading to mark all of them as "Delete" or "Download", is that what you mean?

If the new behavior is intential, my preference would be for an "overide limit" checkbox in the Preview on Server window that when checked allows the old functionality.

I don't remember changing anything. So you want the limit to effect which email are marked for download? I don't think any are marked for auto download by default... I think you need to explain more.

Mikey
12/08/2006 10:52pm
Thanks, the column headers will be fine, just wasn't intuitive (I had tried right clicking in the column, also read Help).

Not sure how to explain the size limit function better. But here are the steps.
I have limit set to 20KB. In a routine receive operation (not preview on server), I get the red button letting me know something did not work correctly. So I check the Status/Log tab and it shows there was a 50KB message in the account Inbox not downloaded. So I then use Preview on Server to see if it's a message I want to download or not. Used to be, all I had to do then is mark it for download (and then delete too). But now unless I go into Account/Properties first and reset the size limit to >50KB, it just list the message but won't download it (doesn't delete either which in this case is good, since it wasn't downloaded).
fret
13/08/2006 11:51pm
it just list the message but won't download it

Ok I understand, the size limit is overriding the explicit download command from the user. Yes that should be fixed.