Thread

Index > Scribe > Filters have stopped working...
Author/Date Filters have stopped working...
Kale
28/06/2006 10:19pm
When i recieve mail, none of my filters work automatically. If i select my Inbox and choose 'run filters on folder' from the menu then all works fine. It worked fine in v1.88 but now im using v1.89 test 3, i cant remember though if they stopped working after i upgraded, any ideas? It's not a setting somewhere is it?

Kale
fret
28/06/2006 10:43pm
Do you install i.Scribe instead of InScribe?
Kale
29/06/2006 5:25pm
I don't think so, it says InScribe in the title bar and about box. Also the spam filter has stopped working too, even though i have tried to rebuild the word lists etc.
fret
29/06/2006 11:24pm
Under the filter menu, there is an option to "Disabled filtering of incoming mail", thats not on by accident is is?

In your filter folder, do all your filters have the "incoming" checkbox ticked?
fret
29/06/2006 11:32pm
Also you turn on Filter logging in the Filters menu. Then see 'FilterLog.txt' in your Scribe folder. Maybe it can tell you something.
Kale
30/06/2006 4:27pm
>Under the filter menu, there is an option
>to "Disabled filtering of incoming mail"

mmm... If you mean the 'Filters' menu in the main window then that option does not appear. I have only:

New Filter
Filter the current folder
Log filter activity
-------------------------
Bayesian filtering options
Rebuild bayesian word lists
Analyse selected mail

and thats it.

Also when you say ' do all your filters have the "incoming" checkbox' selected, none of my filters even show this option, even in the individual filter's windows where you set up each condition. :(

Are you using a different version?
fret
30/06/2006 10:38pm
Ok, what version are you using?

Can you try the filtering logging?
Kale
08/07/2006 10:24am
im using v1.89 test release 3

if i switch on filter logging and click the 'Receive' button my mail servers are checked but no filtering takes place. If i click the 'Filter the current folder' menu item then the folder is filtered and a 'Filter.txt' file is created within the Scribe folder. Once i restart InScribe, filter logging is disabled.
fret
08/07/2006 10:59am
I think I know what is going on. Firstly, test3 HAS a "disable filtering" menu option in the filter menu. So if it's NOT in your setup you have a mismatched lr8 file compared to what is shipped in the version on my site.

I suggest doing a clean install of InScribe v1.89 test3 and copying the Scribe.lr8 from that into your main install of InScribe and then running it and checking the menu Filters->Disable Filtering Incoming Mail" is there.

Are you using the english translation of the software?

Which OS are you on?
Kale
08/07/2006 11:42am
> I suggest doing a clean install of InScribe v1.89 test3 and copying the
>Scribe.lr8 from that into your main install of InScribe and then running
> it and checking the menu Filters->Disable Filtering Incoming Mail" is there.
Yep, that cracked it. Thanks alot. :) All is running fine now. I must of copied my 'Scribe.lr8' file across when i upgraded.

Maybe run a check on this file on Scribe start-up to make sure old files are not being used? ...Anyway, thanks alot. :D