Thread

Index > Scribe > Got any examples of filter scripts?
Author/Date Got any examples of filter scripts?
Kale
09/06/2006 11:27pm
Im setting up filters on scribe v1.88 and cant seem to find any documentation on the scripting language used.

I want to move mails to the trash folder if they are over 1 year old, any ideas to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Kale
Michael
11/06/2006 11:15am
The only way I can see how to do it is to create a filter that filters messages whose Date is < (less than) a certain date (say January 2006).

That's not one year, but filters messages earlier from THIS year.

I don't know about the scripting language. That would be interesting.

ML
Kale
11/06/2006 1:09pm
The script im refering too is in the 'Script' tab of the filter window. I cant seem to find any documentation regarding this.

Ta for your suggestion about dates. How would i specify a date in the 'Field' text box in the filter window?
fret
13/06/2006 12:46am
I want to move mails to the trash folder if they are over 1 year old, any ideas to accomplish this task?

You should be able to create a filter with a condition like: mail.DateReceived < '1/1/2006' which would filter out mail from last year or earlier but I tried it just now and it doesn't work. Changes are there is a bug in the date evaluation code or it's just doing a string compare instead of a date compare. In any case I'll have a look at it soon.

The script im refering too is in the 'Script' tab of the filter window. I cant seem to find any documentation regarding this.

The script tab is functional when you install the scripting plugin. I don't have any examples ready as I don't use it much myself.
Kale
13/06/2006 5:43pm
>>I don't have any examples ready as I don't use it much myself.

How am i supposed to use it when nothing is documented?