Thread

Index > Scribe > A couple of more suggestions
Author/Date A couple of more suggestions
chris
07/05/2006 2:16pm
A couple of more suggestions for minor (easy to implement) improvements:

***Tags***
The inclusion of CC and BCC tags in the email address line in the latest version is definitely an improvement. What I would like to see here is that the first line is TO, second CC and last BCC. Currently it seems to be ordered alphabetically. Alphabetical order could however (but not must, imho) be maintained within the different categories.

***Checking for new mails***
I am currently checking my mails "by hand", i.e. rightclicking on the account and selecting "Receive". One of the very impressive features of InScribe is the ability to do this mail-check simultaneously for several account (haven't seen such a capacity in other progs yet). Now would it be possible to highlight several accounts and then chose the action for *all* of them with the *same* right-click?

Alternatively or - even better in addition - to the above, a nice change for us poor analog users would be to have the "check every ..." command easier accessable. Currently it is in the configuration settings of the account, and this makes perfectly sense for the always-connected DSL user who has no need to change this setting frequently. I would like to be enable or disable it easily, for example when I know that I will remain connected for some time on my analog connection. I would suggest here a separate menu, which is accessable from the tray icon, listing all accounts and the number of minutes for each to check for new mail. Once this is configured, a single click could enable or disable it.

***HTML***
Two minor issues concerning text-selection in a HRML coded mail:
- it is impossible to select a word (i.e. unit btw two spaces) by doubleclick
- when selecting by dragging (with left mouse-buton held), the last character will not show that it is selected, although it will be copied with ctrl-c
Would be nice if these could be fixed.

Oh yes, and if someone whishes to know what I would consider a *major* improvement: synchronisation between several Scribe clients! Very much looking forward to that :-)

Cheers
Chris
fret
08/05/2006 12:05am
I am currently checking my mails "by hand", i.e. rightclicking on the account and selecting "Receive". One of the very impressive features of InScribe is the ability to do this mail-check simultaneously for several account (haven't seen such a capacity in other progs yet). Now would it be possible to highlight several accounts and then chose the action for *all* of them with the *same* right-click?

I think what you want to do is switch on the "Check for dial up connection before receive" option in the connection tab of the main options. That way you can leave the auto receive on and while your not dialed up Scribe will not attempt to do any automatic connections.

Two minor issues concerning text-selection in a HRML coded mail:
- it is impossible to select a word (i.e. unit btw two spaces) by doubleclick
- when selecting by dragging (with left mouse-buton held), the last character will not show that it is selected, although it will be copied with ctrl-c
Would be nice if these could be fixed.

These are known problems. I'll fix them in the next release or 2.