Up to i.Scribe...
- Mac: Fixed combo box painting bugs.
- Fixed "receive all" accounts not working.
- Scripting: Fixed a return value going to NULL incorrectly.
- Scripting: Fixed a crash in evaluation of expressions.
- Scripting: Added 'BreakPoint' to open the debugger window.
- Scripting: Made language reserved words non-case sensitive again.
- Fixed the portable mode not clearing out old options file versions. Is was doing that fine in "desktop" mode, but I've refactored the code to use the same functionality in both modes.
- Fixed crash when attached file to an email.
- Fixed possible POP3 crashes when pressing the disconnect button.
- Fixed the look of the fonts on the tabs in the mail window.
- Gpg: Added an "Install" button next to the message "Gpg is not installed" message that opens the webpage where you can download GnuPG for your system.
Ctrl+ Wshortcut to close the console.
- HTML: inline images now wrap correctly instead of sliding off the right edge and/or being the wrong size.
- Linux: Fixed all the menu items with icons not having a shortcut.
- Windows: Implemented the MAPI function MAPISendMailW to support sending a file to a recipient on Windows 10, and possibly other versions and applications.
- Fixed some IMAP mail date issues. If you have email with dates like "0/0/2000" then right click on the folder (while online) and "Refresh" will fix it.
- The executable attachment checking is now more robust. Will now detect ARM and x64 PE binaries.
- Improved dragging calendar events in the calendar's month and year views.
- Calendar events now display correctly when their timezone is set. This stops them showing at the wrong time when the current timezone is different to the timezone saved in the event.
- Extended the number of backup options files to 7. It will save them in the same folder as the real options file, in the form "ScribeOptions_#.bak". And on startup it scans through them and find the most recent one that parses correctly. It then deletes any old ones so that the backups don't grow out of control.
- Fixed not being able to save the Contact's work webpage.
- Fixed the Contact preview to show all the fields available.
- I have re-implemented a core container class "List
" to use C++ templates properly. This will potentially have a negative impact on stability in the short term. But this branch is still marked unstable anyway. I have been steadily fixing related bugs over the last few weeks. And there is some validation code to catch run-time errors. This is the primary reason I haven't made a release just yet.
- Re-implemented the text layout algorithm in the text edit control to by more efficient. It was asking the OS too often for the size of various strings. This is a fairly major change and I hope not to break anything. It's especially obvious in Linux when the measurement of strings takes longer than windows.
- Changed the console logging to keep 'Scribe.txt' open between writes. This is because on some Windows systems closing a file can take up to 100ms due to the anti-virus getting involved. Which just kills performance.
- Added App.MailStorePaths DOM field to return the folder paths of the mail stores as an array.
- Added App.RootFolders DOM field to return the root folder paths of all the mail stores and IMAP full accounts.
- Fixed parsing badly formed HTML attributes (they would leak into the displayed text).
- Fixed being able to unset the "Start In" folder in the manage mail stores dialog.
- [RichText] Simplified the threading model to deal with bugs resizing and compressing images.
- [RichText] Fixed pasting multiple images that need compression into the control.
- [RichText] Optimized the auto spell check to work with large blocks of text and update quickly. No more slow updates scrolling along as you type.
- [Mac] Fixed tje download the OpenSSL libraries. But I'm moving to just include the right libs in the initial install anyway.
- Improved the decoding of mail with 8bit text in headers where no charset or Rfc2047 encoding is supplied, but a language is available (in the 'Content-Language' header). It will convert the text from the language's default charset to unicode.
- Fixed the HTML table layout to use the right font style for table layout metrics (it was using the ctrl's default font). This was easily visible in the email preview header where the subject line would wrap for no good reason.
- [Mac] Made the tab view control have the native look. And rolled out that look to the other platforms because I think it looks nicer than the WinXP style it was using before.
- Started adding support for HTML copy/paste in the rich text edit control. (Don't expect much... it's very rough)
- Fixed POP3 accounts getting stuck in a connect->fail loop. It was supposed to try APOP and fall back to USER/PASS on error, but the implementation was bad.
- Fixed some account logging display issues.
- Fixed some (all?) of the crashes that happen when click the "disconnect" button in the account status window. Esp with SSL connections which were notoriously flaky when trying to disconnect. They now should be a lot more robust.