Thread

Index > Scribe > There is no server configured to send email
Author/Date There is no server configured to send email
Mark Wolk
12/10/2011 9:40pm
On my Windows XP Pro laptop, I have InScribe in "My Documents" and I am trying to setup the various accounts.

At File -> Options I have created the Account with my name, email address nil@nil.nil (that's how I want it to be) and the software key.

I have created an account "Receive only" which is designed to receive POP email from my Tuffmail inbox (it works!). That account does not have anything in the "Send" fields (it's the way I want it).

Then I have created several other accounts designed exclusively to send mail. They have fields filled out under "Send" and empty under "Receive".

When I try to create a new mail (or to reply to a received mail), I choose the "From" address from the drop-down menu, and I click "Send".

At that stage, I am getting the message "There is no server configured to send email".

How can I achieve what I want? - TIA
fret
13/10/2011 10:46am
What is the Default Send Account set to?

Do you have the identity sections of the send accounts filled out?

And have you clicked the "Only send through this account" option on for those sending accounts?
Mark Wolk
13/10/2011 12:35pm
*****What is the Default Send Account set to?*****

I don't want the default account to be able to send (only receive) to avoid accidentally sending an email. Leaving all the SMTP fields blank gave no error message, but prevented ANY mail to be sent, even when selecting other accounts from the drop-down list, accounts which I had configured as send-only. I had to fill the SMTP fields of the default account with nil.nil (dummy) data, to be able to use it as I intend.

*****And have you clicked the "Only send through this account" option on for those sending accounts?*****

That was the key question! I had not checked that because I did not understand its meaning properly. I thought it meant I have to choose only ONE account and identity to send all my mails, whereas I need several.

Once I checked that box in ALL the accounts that I want to use to send, it worked!

So, thank you for your help!

P.S. Should this forum not be searchable? - I think Google offers that for free: http://www.google.com/cse/