Thread

Index > Memecode > Capacity
Author/Date Capacity
Carl
07/06/2010 2:41am
Is there a limit to the maximum number of e-mails that can be managed in the folder hierarchy? I have approximately 30,000 emails in 150 different folders. Will this be an issue?

Thanks,

Carl

fret
07/06/2010 2:43am
In a folder.mail2 (v1 Scribe) or folders.mail3 (v2 Scribe) ?
Carl
07/06/2010 7:58am
The current program you are selling today.
fret
07/06/2010 8:05am
The current system (v2) can read/write to both formats... it's a valid question. The old format doesn't have any fixed limits other than being limited to 4GB total. However in practice folders with more than 1000 email tend to load very slowly, so you may want to take that into consideration.

The new database format doesn't have a 4gb limit and copes with more email in the one folder than the v1 mail2 files. The database is also written to with atomic commits so it shouldn't ever be corrupted. The old system could be corrupted if you had a power outage or a crash and some bad luck. Although there was a folder recovery app.

In general you should always try the free i.Scribe first to see how it goes before committing to a purchase.

Carl
07/06/2010 8:12am
Thanks,
I am playing with the iscrib now. I will load all of my folders and emails and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Carl