Thread

Index > Scribe > Scribe Crashes
Author/Date Scribe Crashes
Ohad
18/07/2007 5:33am
I hope this is the right place to post this... If not, I apologise in advance and would be thankful for direction to the correct place.

I was sorting through my mail, moving messages between folders when suddenly Scribe crashes. Now whenever I try to open that mail store, Scribe crashes with the same message:

Unhandled Exception
Code: c0000005
Description EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:
77BE7696: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll Offset: 0x36 (strchr)
0047656E: C:\Program Files\Memecode Scribe\Scribe.exe Offset: 0x73C6 (Accountlet::IsCheckDialup)

Is there any way to fix this? If not, how can I save at least some of the messages and contacts?

Thanks in advance,
Ohad.
Ohad
19/07/2007 12:29pm
I (think I) used the debugging procedure, and here's the contents of the crashdata.txt file:

Unhandled Exception
Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
77BE7696: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll Offset: 0x36 (strchr)
0047656E: C:\Program Files\Memecode Scribe2\Scribe.exe Offset: 0x73C6 (Accountlet::IsCheckDialup)

Unhandled Exception
Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:
77BE7696: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll Offset: 0x36 (strchr)
0047656E: C:\Program Files\Memecode Scribe2\Scribe.exe Offset: 0x73C6 (Accountlet::IsCheckDialup)

(I have no clue why it appears twice)
Although it's the same as before, it might shed some light to anyone...

Thanks in advance,
Ohad.
fret
15/08/2007 10:30am
If you still have the folder in question please install the latest debug build and get it to crash on the mail folder. That way I should be able to get a clean and useful crashdata.txt file from you.

Thanks
Ohad
15/08/2007 10:47am
Interestingly enough, that version of iScribe doesn't crash on that file.

Anyway, I've managed to retrieve most of that file with the instructions in the FAQ (although it did wreak havoc in my contacts), so I'm not going to bother trying to merge the two files together now...

I'll keep this file for the time being, trying it out with the new version of Scribe when it's released to see if the problem recurs...

Anyway, I adopted the advice given in the FAQ: backup your mail file regularly.

Thanks anyway, and sorry I couldn't help more with debugging,
Ohad.