Thread

Index > Memecode > Will Scribe on a flash drive allow me to get to webmail without alerting web washer?
Author/Date Will Scribe on a flash drive allow me to get to webmail without alerting web washer?
Jon
13/12/2006 8:41pm
Recently the IT dept at my office set up our servers so that we can no longer check personal web mail. Web Washer denies access to any sites that say "mail" "webmail" etc.

If I load scribe on a flash drive will this by any chance allow me to check gmail?

TIA
Michael
24/12/2006 4:56pm
Wrong forum, I believe.

But here's the answer and a question: can you access GMail through POP / SMTP / IMAP? If the answer is YES, then you can. I use InScribe on a pendrive, and access POP and SMTP. Great program this is.

But if GMail can't be accessed this way, then no joy, I believe.

Have you tried using a proxy or an anonymizer or a redirector to access GMail from your office?

1) Try Firefox and the SwitchProxy Plugin. Search the Internet for some proxies.
2) Try Anonymouse.com, and surf the web through there. he server may understand your accessing Anonymouse, not the email.
3) Try Google translate: choose English to English - the page won't be translated, but the server may understand your accessing Google search, not the mail.
4) Create a tiny URL for GMail (www.tinyurl.com), and try using that address, since it doesn't have "mail" in it.

Cheers,

Michael