Thread

Index > Scribe > Calendar: CalDAV Sync possible?
Author/Date Calendar: CalDAV Sync possible?
Kay
17/07/2020 11:43pm
Is there a possibility to set up Scribe for bi-directional synchronization of calendar items with a CalDAV groupware server?
fret
20/07/2020 11:07am
Yes, but I've only tested it with one particular server, the NextCloud WebDAV implementation.

Anyway to set it up:
- File -> Manage Mail Stores
- Create Mail Store -> Webdav Remote Folder
- Enter the store name (descriptive only)
- The URL's and the authentication...
- Ok, Ok
- New mail store will appear in the folder tree.

If there are issues you might get some warning or error logged to the console:
- Tools -> Show Console
Kay
21/07/2020 1:01am
Thank you for answering.

So far i haven't managed to connect any calendar (it's a Zimbra WebDav/CalDav). There is no notification about any attempt of connecting and no direct failure notification either.
I am getting several error messages logged to scribe's console though, regarding system folders, e.g.:

Code/ScribeApp.cpp:8687 - Default folder 'Spam' doesn't exist.

I tried changing the folder paths and creating those directories in root and within the Scribe directory, and within folders.mail (but i think, this is the directory to contain the sqlite database(s))?).

Kay
22/07/2020 7:29pm
I now use the most recent version of Inscribe (v2.4.14 Buil Jul 14.2020, Linux v4.15.0, in portable mode), but seem to not be able to create a mailstore for a calendar still, unfortunately.

After attempting to create a mail store (i am leaving the contacts URL empty) no entry is listed in the "Manage Mail Stores" list.

The Scribe console logs the following messages:

Loadfolders = 1.73 ms
Code/ScribeApp.cpp:8653 - No option 'Folder-9'
Code/ScribeApp.cpp:8676 - Default folder 'Spam' doesn't exist.