Thread

Index > Scribe > V 2.4.13 - Problem with sending
Author/Date V 2.4.13 - Problem with sending
Axel
04/05/2020 6:32am
After installation of 2.4.13 Win10 X64, sending of emails errors out with 'no valid recipient'.

When I install 2.4.12 over it, sending works fine again.
fret
04/05/2020 9:21am
Can you give me a screenshot of the email pre-send... and the log of the SMTP session?

I'm not seeing that behaviour here.
Axel
04/05/2020 6:24pm
I found a fix. From my point of view the issue is now low priority, minor inconvenience.
My fix is:
FILE->OPTIONS->ACCOUNTS
I choose my account 1, then ->PROPERTIES->IDENTITY and tick 'send only through this account'.

Now in MAIL->SEND MAIL my account 2 is still not greyed out, but it is no longer prioritized when sending mail.
Scott
09/05/2020 9:04pm
Are you clicking the Send button in the toolbar? If so, then I have the same issue that you are having (see: Issue sending through second account).
Another workaround is:
- open the Status window
- right click on the account from which you want to send
- select send.
fret
13/05/2020 10:37am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUlf0M6tAw
Scott
18/05/2020 4:05am
What software did you use to make this video.

If you create a new message and set the From address to the second account and then send from the first account, the message gets sent through the first account. My ISP will reject this message as the sending account does not match the From field.
fret
18/05/2020 1:05pm
What software did you use to make this video.
https://obsproject.com

You have to configure it to capture the screen and also the mic, depending on what device you have. I have a Logitech headset so that's straight forward.

My ISP will reject this message as the sending account does not match the From field.
That's exactly why there is the "Only send through this account" option in the account -> identity tab. If your SMTP is only accepting email from certain "from" addresses you have to set that. Otherwise some ISP SMTP's will accept email from any from address (usually if you have authenticated first).
Scott
19/05/2020 2:10am
Okay, that option fixes my problem. I had misunderstood its functionality so had it off.
Thanks for the info about obsproject.