Thread

Index > Scribe > To: autocomplete doesn't find non-default email addresses
Author/Date To: autocomplete doesn't find non-default email addresses
Nick Schirmer
17/06/2006 12:18pm
Ok, so this is hard to describe - but I have a contact with two email addresses (work and home) and when I go to make a new mail and I type their name in, I see only one address (I'm not using the address book just the autocomplete to: field). When I start typing in by email address it doesn't find the non-default address.

Is this a feature (to only search for the default addresses)?

Nick
fret
17/06/2006 2:04pm
Right click the recipient and select the non-default address?
Nick Schirmer
18/06/2006 10:49am
That does work, but I can't search for it. Often I just type in part of the email address (ie: nsch... instead of Nick Schirmer) but it won't search for anything but primary.

Nick
fret
18/06/2006 11:41pm
That is currently how it works. I never thought of searching for non-primary addresses. Hmmmm. Would you like that added?
Nick Schirmer
19/06/2006 9:50pm
It would be a nice feature to see, but I wouldn't put it high on your priority list. Thanks!
Michael
21/06/2006 3:08pm

Right click the recipient and select the non-default address?

That does work, ...

It doesn't work for me, and is very annoying. I have to send a message to a person, both to the primary AND the secondary (non-default) address.

Once the primary address is in the list of recipients, I can right-click on it, and see the other address(es). But I can't select the secondary one. In fact, clicking on either one makes no difference. Should a tick mark appear next to the address?

Whatever I do, the primary address is in the list of Recipients.

This is in Win 98SE. I haven't tried in Linux or Win 2000/XP yet.

Thanks,

ml
fret
21/06/2006 9:51pm
Once you right click on the recipient and select an email address the address in <...> changes to the email address you select. So if you want to email both address' for someone add them twice, right click on one and select the alternate address. Then you should have 2 recipients, both with the same name but different email addresses.

This does work for me. Maybe a tick next to the currently selected address would be nice I guess.
pj
05/09/2006 5:39pm
or add Contact A1
Contact A2 so you have 2 entries?