Thread

Index > Scribe > Inscribe and Imap
Author/Date Inscribe and Imap
Robert
27/07/2017 4:23am
Hy,

I bought and tried Inscribe, because I like the look of the program. I connected it to my Email-Adress via Imap, what I made with every Email-Program since now.
Could it be, thst Inscribe has several problems with Imap, especially the performancy of handling Emails?

When opening an Imapfolder of my Mailbox it needs much time to synchronize alle the Emails in it. Also Inscribe just synchronizes the folders, I manually click once.

When deletingan Email or moving it to another folder the status of the Email is for example "moving" and it will be still "moving several minutes later.

So sadly I uninstalled Inscribe an brought back Thunderbird to my computer.

Are there several tipps to make Inscribe work better with Imap. I have not tried to useit via POP3, so ther is no possibility for me to compare both.

Greetings
Robert
fret
28/07/2017 7:52am
When opening an Imapfolder of my Mailbox it needs much time to synchronize alle the Emails in it.
This is the same for most IMAP clients is it not? Scribe downloads the minimum needed to view the current list. In an attempt to be as responsive as possible. I'll have to run some timing tests with Thunderbird and see if Scribe is any better or worse.

Also Inscribe just synchronizes the folders, I manually click once.
Are you expecting it to sync folders that you haven't viewed yet? In the background?

After viewing a folder and building a local cache, things do get significantly faster.

When deleting an Email or moving it to another folder the status of the Email is for example "moving" and it will be still "moving several minutes later.
This happens when the connection is busy downloading other email. Once that completes it happens pretty quickly. I can change the priority of deletes though... ie it's probably fixable.

You can see the status of the IMAP connection in the Status panel, it'll have a progress bar. When it's idle moves and deletes happen fairly quickly. Otherwise they get added to the queue of commands.
RObert
28/07/2017 3:50pm
Hy Fret,

maybe I have to give Inscribe another chance.. I wil try it at the weekend again.

thanks for your reply.

PS: It would be nic, if Inscrib would synchronize all Imapfolders of my mailbox without selecting them all once.

Greetings
Robert