Thread

Index > Scribe > Request on several small updates
Author/Date Request on several small updates
Astro
24/11/2005 8:47am
Hi fret!

Some time I am using the iScribe client and I like it very much, but there are several small but slightly annoying things in the program.

It would be good if you could fix them.
What is found for a while:

1. If to shutdown a computer(or close the program), if iScribe is minimized in the tray, then on next run of the program it will be minimized and it is not possible to open it through tray button, only through an icon at the clock.

2. The same. If to open some email message, minimize it and then try to open it again(double click in iScribe main window) this massege will not popup(restore) from tray.

3. Personally I like to sort messages by date with newer messages at the buttom of the list. On run iScribe always place its highlighting on a first message. It would be good if it will be selected the last email(the newest email).

4. Often on creating of a new email or replying on some messsage the 'From' field is blank.

5. When it is not blank it always shows the same name(email address ok). I tried to chatnge Name in Identity and in Account but without success.

6. The most important and unpleasant. Incoming emails have wrong time of sending. It is not local for me as receiving part.

Thanks

24/11/2005 8:56am
... in addition :))

7. If to open some email(with some html in source), select several paragraphs, copy them and then insert in a new email then it will be lost paragraphs layout - all paragraphs will be combined in one paragraph.
fret
24/11/2005 9:19am
1. If to shutdown a computer(or close the program), if iScribe is minimized in the tray, then on next run of the program it will be minimized and it is not possible to open it through tray button, only through an icon at the clock.
I just left click on the tray icon and the main window appears in this case. Some people like that it does this, it was a feature I implemented on request.

2. The same. If to open some email message, minimize it and then try to open it again(double click in iScribe main window) this massege will not popup(restore) from tray.
This is windows. In this case I call SetWindowPos(blah blah blah) to restore / activate the window, and windows in it's infinite wisdom ignores that request. Whatever... *sigh* Don't say I didn't try.

3. Personally I like to sort messages by date with newer messages at the buttom of the list. On run iScribe always place its highlighting on a first message. It would be good if it will be selected the last email(the newest email).
I'll see what I can do.

4. Often on creating of a new email or replying on some messsage the 'From' field is blank.
Yeah I've seen that to... but the email seems to go out with headers. Not sure what thats about... I'll try and find out.

5. When it is not blank it always shows the same name(email address ok). I tried to chatnge Name in Identity and in Account but without success.
Maybe this is an i.Scribe specific bug, are you using i.Scribe or InScribe?

6. The most important and unpleasant. Incoming emails have wrong time of sending. It is not local for me as receiving part.
Scribe converts the "Date" field in the headers into local time, this is so that mailing lists sort in the right order. Now if you think there is still a bug with this, please forward me an example, including your own timezone and some explaination of what you think it should be. And I'll have a look at it.

7. If to open some email(with some html in source), select several paragraphs, copy them and then insert in a new email then it will be lost paragraphs layout - all paragraphs will be combined in one paragraph.
Is this when using the built in HTML control or the IE plugin?

24/11/2005 10:52am
Clarifications:

1. For reproducing. Open iScribe, minimaze it, rigtht click iSkribe button on windows task bar, select 'Close' in popup menu. Run iScribe again, click on iSkribe button on task bar, iScribe will be not showed, it will popup only if to click on the icon at the clock.

2. I think you need to use -
ShowWindow(vvv.Handle, SW_RESTORE)
Windows procedure.

5. I use iScribe. From first time all was ok, I changed this settings and it is changed 'from' header, but in one time it is stuck to one value, and now 'from' header the same in all cases.

6. In my case 'Date' is not converted to local time.
E.g. in last message this field was:

'Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:54:11 -0800 (PST)'

and in 'Incoming' folder I see that this email was sent 23/11/2005 9:54:11,
but it is wrong.
For convertion to local time we need to do:
1) 09:54:11 + 08:00 = 17:54:11 * convertion to Greenwich time, +08:00 from 'Date' filed
2) 17:54:11 + 03:00 = 20:54:11 * convertion to local time, my local time is +03:00 from Greenwich.

E.g. 'Outlook Express' shows correct 20:54 time for this message.

7. It is without any plugings.

Hope this will be helpful.

06/12/2005 6:05am
fret, how with my requests?

The most important that incoming messages are displaied in not correct date-time. There is many inconvenience with this.
fret
06/12/2005 7:02am
Yeah and I asked for an example, and none has been given... so, what would you like me to do?
Astro
06/12/2005 10:26am
But I wrote such example. :)

In the above message, it was:

"6. In my case 'Date' is not converted to local time. E.g. in last message this field was:

'Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:54:11 -0800 (PST)'

and in 'Incoming' folder I see that this email was sent 23/11/2005 9:54:11, but it is wrong.

For convertion to local time we need to do:

1) 09:54:11 + 08:00 = 17:54:11 * convertion to Greenwich time, +08:00 from 'Date' filed
2) 17:54:11 + 03:00 = 20:54:11 * convertion to local time, my local time is +03:00 from Greenwich.

E.g. 'Outlook Express' shows correct 20:54 time for this message."

'Date:' field I took from 'Internet Header' tab. This info is not enough?
Let me know what I need to send.

Thanks
fret
06/12/2005 10:34am
I missed that email... sorry.

Looking now.
fret
06/12/2005 10:43am
Ah... yes I'm very sorry... it is a bug... in the date parser that I recently worked on. Fixed now.
Astro
07/12/2005 5:52am
Thank you. I am waiting a new build and hope that you will look the other pointed issues.