Thread

Index > Scribe > IMAP (Fetch)
Author/Date IMAP (Fetch)
pepas
17/08/2005 4:31am
Fret

would it be possible to add an option to just download only the new mails from IMAP server by still leaving all the new and old mails on the server?.

fret
17/08/2005 4:46am
This should work already. Just switch on the "Leave messages on server".
pepas
17/08/2005 5:58am
Fret

already we have discussed in AIM topic. see below. would it be possible to override the problem explained.

----------------------------------
pepas
28/07/2005 3:25am Fret

when checking for new mail, iScribe fetches all the mails once again from server and populates all the mails once again in Inbox (double entries in Inbox after second check).

so how to make it to fetch only new mails from server?.

fret
28/07/2005 3:51am What is the "leave messages on server" option set to?

pepas
28/07/2005 3:59am yes its checked for leave messages on the server. hence, the messages are there in server. is this the reason for fetching again all the messages?. if so, how to fetch only new mails from server? (by still leaving messages on the server).

fret
28/07/2005 4:07am This would normally work fine. There must be something different about your setup, I gather your using test10?

Maybe it's something to do with AOL's mail server. If the unique ID's of the messages are only valid for a session at a time then you'd get this sort of problem. But I'm pretty sure AOL would make that mistake.

fret
17/08/2005 12:12pm
Ok, sounds like a bug. I've opened a bug about the issue so that we can keep track of it.
pepas
18/08/2005 9:44am
ok thank you Fret.