Thread

Index > Scribe > Here's a tough one for you
Author/Date Here's a tough one for you
martin
06/01/2005 6:19pm
Hi, there's definitely something funny going on with the mail merge feature.
Start a template, put in a field, e.g. contact.FirstName (with the more and less signs etc.) and then go on typing a few words, then save and try a mail merge and check the first message : all OK? Can you see the first name? Great. Then go on typing and add a few carriage returns, check again, are you sure you can still see the first name?
It seems as though there’s a problem here, I spent quite a while experimenting with spaces, returns and so on, it seems as though it’s the carriage returns that mess things up. That’s to say that when there are “too” many returns the contact field becomes null. I also noticed a more-than sign appeared in the text body. I have tried with various texts and the same happens.
It’s maybe something to do with the BodyasText String?
Another thing : the scribe.now field returns just the date and time !
I'm using Inscribe 1.87 FC2, I've got 1.88 tests 1, 2 and 3 lined up on the toolbar and I've been swapping between them but the same problem appears, any ideas ? and have a great New Year.
Well done for the million hits.
fret
09/01/2005 9:32pm
I can't reproduce this no matter how many returns I put in.

scribe.now field: This has always supposed to be the date and time, and I've update the DOM reference to reflect this.
martin
11/01/2005 5:39pm
Well it still happens here - did you try typing in a few lines of text separated by returns? I'll try to email you two messages, one that works and one that doesn't. Thanks, Martin.