Thread

Index > Scribe > New features request list.......and maybe one bug ?
Author/Date New features request list.......and maybe one bug ?
Damien
27/09/2004 11:11am
After use since a few week, I find this software very good.

Is it possible in the next version to have this new features :

1. In the contact folder : possibilty with the right click on a contact to see not only the first adress mail but all the adress if this contact has many adrdess,

2. In the contact folder : have the capability to move a contact from a folder to anther one (with click and drop with mouse),

3. Capability, for an account, to have 2 smtp server for outgoing mail (on default and another one when the first don't work),

4. Be able to delete some folders that are not being used (templates, groups, etc.),

5. When you receive a mail, capability to see, when you open the mail, the list of "To" and "Cc". It is possible with the mail I.scribe send, why not with the mail received ?,

Maybe bug ?

1.INBOX :you say that a message is marked "as read" after 5 second in preview mode. It's doesn't work on my computer. Is it a bug or a mistake from myself ? (the parameter in File, Option, General tab "Mark as read after 5 seconds of preview" is on),

That's all for the moment, but I'm sure I have new request in a few days, after more use of I.scribe.

Sincerly,

Damien
fReT
27/09/2004 12:28pm
Features:
1. Hmmm ok.
2. This already works.
3. This is a feature of the commercial version.
4. There are more important things to work on, but if I get bored one day.
5. Pop out the "To" panel...

Bugs:
1. Already fixed for test23.

Regards
Damien
27/09/2004 2:02pm
Thanks for the quicly response.

For the 1. : is there a problem to implement this feature ? how can i else send a mail to the second address without many manipulation ?

For the 2 and 5 : sorry, I have not test correctly : it's work.

And for the 3 : I find the soft good and i buy it quickly.

Sincerly

Damien

fReT
27/09/2004 11:19pm
1. No it's not hard to implement. But once you add the contact as a recipient of an email you can right click on it to select a non default address.

Did you get your key straight after the purchase? Or did you have to wait for the email?
Bardo
28/09/2004 8:57am
Could it be that this rigt-click is disabled? I tried it just yesterday evening with InScribe 1.87 test 23 and did not have any luck. I'll try again tonight to check if I am wrong or not.
Damien
28/09/2004 11:57am
I have tested what you say

"1. No it's not hard to implement. But once you add the contact as a recipient of an email you can right click on it to select a non default address"

It's work but i find (it's only my opinion) that the solution I propose is more "ergonomic" and easy to use day to day.

For the purchase of inscribe, all is good : the key is come a few minute after the purchase.

For the moment, I try to understand the difference between identities and account.

I will make what i have say in my precedent note (3. Capability, for an account, to have 2 smtp server for outgoing mail (on default and another one when the first don't work),) but I don't see who I can write the second smtp server.

Regards,
fReT
28/09/2004 12:49pm
Each account in InScribe can have an SMTP server. Which you can switch between.
damien
28/09/2004 1:11pm
Ok, it's a way.

But is it possible in a next release to modify the windows of properties for an account and add a new field for a second smtp server ?
fReT
28/09/2004 1:24pm
I don't like that solution, it kinda defeats what I was doing with the accounts. I am prepared to write fallback code to try other SMTP servers in the event that the primary one fails.
damien
28/09/2004 1:38pm
ok. I understand. So wait and see.

thanks