Thread

Index > Scribe > A lot of doubts...
Author/Date A lot of doubts...
Beqa
14/05/2004 10:11pm
- The BEST email program over all !!!!!!!!!!
- I've read almost all the posts in forum, so I'm informed about doubts. And I use InScribe v1.87 Test13 running over WinXP SP1.
- In Options/accounts you set a "default send account" and you cannot send through another acount :( (not even when you select another identity in the menu).
- I can't hide the "preview field" neither the "from field" on send window.
- Can I run the "Foxmail-Hotmail proxy" and Scribe at the same time? (some command-line? scribe.exe -something app.exe)
- I don't use calendar, can I delete/hide it?
- I'm too slow with the templates stuff... someone can help me a bit creating one?
- If a message request a "read receipt" automatically is sent to outBox, how can I stop that?
- If you are writting a message and then you close the window there's a prompt ask you to save changes, if you choose no, mail goes to outBox.

- Accents... if a mail contains accents in the subject, I get strange chars.
- (This isn't about Scribe) I've sent my public key to a server... can I delete it from the server... if I still own the email on the key?

Thanks in advance for everything...

Sorry about my english =P

Beqa
fReT
14/05/2004 11:34pm
> - The BEST email program over all !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

> - In Options/accounts you set a "default send account" and you cannot send
> through another acount :( (not even when you select another identity in
> the menu).

Use the "Only send through this account" in the account's options if it matters which SMTP you go through.

> - I can''t hide the "preview field" neither the "from field" on send
> window.

What is the preview field?

I don't understand your question.

> - Can I run the "Foxmail-Hotmail proxy" and Scribe at the same time? (some
> command-line? scribe.exe -something app.exe)

Run hotpop first and then configure InScribe to use it.

> - I don''t use calendar, can I delete/hide it?

Nope.

> - I''m too slow with the templates stuff... someone can help me a bit
> creating one? - If a message request a "read receipt" automatically is sent to outBox,
> how can I stop that?

Right click on the templates folder and go "new mail"... write out the text you want and click save. Then in the mail->templates menu you get a list of messages. It doesn't support parameterisation yet but it will one day.

> - If you are writting a message and then you close the window there''s a
> prompt ask you to save changes, if you choose no, mail goes to outBox.

This is a side effect of a another feature, whereby the mail your composing is saved every so often so you don't lose work if you machine dies or something crashes. I havn't worked out how to get one without the other yet. But I need that feature so it's going to stay like that for a while.

> - Accents... if a mail contains accents in the subject, I get strange
> chars. - (This isn''t about Scribe)

This is usually a font not supporting the characters needed to display the text. Scribe correctly decodes the text in the subject that has accents. Windows doesn't necessarily do a great job of putting it on the screen.

> I''ve sent my public key to a server... can I
> delete it from the server... if I still own the email on the key?

You probably can although I'm not the person to ask about that.