Thread

Index > Scribe > SSL problem
Author/Date SSL problem
lydgate
07/04/2004 1:05pm
I love i.Scribe, but for some reason the SSL support doesn't work on my school account. It says "Could not open a connection to server." Since my school requires SSL to send any E-mail, it's kind of a problem :(. Anyway, I was wondering if there is some way I can produce a helpful log for you to try to figure out what is wrong? I noticed that the plugin says that it won't work if your server requires a client certificate, but I don't think my network requires that. In outlook, I simply check the SSL box and it works. Here, I install the plugin, check SSL in the connection, yet for some reason it fails to connect.

I also am unsure how to "specify the port" as it says in the plugin page.
lydgate
07/04/2004 1:10pm
Also, now I see that the plugin page just means specifying host:port in your connection options. I have tried both ports 25 and 465 for SMTP, but I am wondering if perhaps this plugin only supports IMAP/POP and not SMTP.
Sleem
18/04/2004 12:28pm
Try to use 993 port for imap/ssl connection.
But I must agree, the ssl plugin (or the i.Scribe self?) doesn't work correctly with ssl imap connections. Version 1.87, test10 and ssl plugin version 0.11 does the crash with this error code:
Unhandled Exception
Code: c0000005
Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody knows, where is the problem?
Sleem
18/04/2004 1:06pm
OK, this appears when I try to fetch the imap content. If I try the full imap function, no crash is detected, but only one imap folder is visible, only first 2 mails (of about 80) are visible in this folder and I no folder can't be added.
When I try to delete ono of that two mails, also nothing happens. And I have to use the remembering the password, otherwise the connection is not established.
Here is the log with the imap folders downloading:
A0001 CAPABILITY
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] axor.zcu.cz IMAP4rev1 2003.347 at Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:00:47 +0200 (CEST)
* CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS BINARY UNSELECT SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed
A0002 LOGIN phanousk ********
A0002 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS BINARY UNSELECT SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND] User phanousk authenticated
A0003 LIST "" ""
* LIST (\NoSelect) "/" ""
A0003 OK LIST completed
A0004 LIST "" "*"
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" sent-mail
* LIST (\NoInferiors \Marked) "/" dulezite
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" vtipy
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" OrioNT
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" akce
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" adresy
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" linux
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" bront
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" akce-kras
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" viry
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" obrazky
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" .pinerc
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" cisco
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" diplomka
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" nakup
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" registrace
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" skola
* LIST (\NoInferiors \Marked) "/" winnt
* LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL INBOX
A0004 OK LIST completed
A0005 SELECT "INBOX"
* 85 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1075114240] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 20979] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (Junk \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (Junk \* \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)] Permanent flags
A0005 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
A0006 FETCH 1 (FLAGS RFC822.HEADER BODY[TEXT])
A0007 FETCH 2 (FLAGS RFC822.HEADER BODY[TEXT])
Michiel
02/06/2004 6:49am
Not to break down Iscribe, but if you want a free stable mail client which has some ncie features like:ssl,junkmail and calendatr try Thunderbird => www.mozilla.org
It is stable as hell, I use it with an M$ Eschange server but also with a bincimap imap server at home.

Michiel