Thread

Index > Scribe > some ask about Default send account in InScribe
Author/Date some ask about Default send account in InScribe
ALL
09/07/2014 3:47am
(1) Options->Accounts 'Default send account' defines 'Return-Path', 'From'
(2) File menu 'Identify' defines 'X-Google-Original-From' only !!!

Every time if I want change send account I must turn 2 places. (1) and (2)
Why?
Maybe to make one place (2). It is more simple. Making changes in 'Identify', InScribe will set case in all fields: 'Return-Path', 'From', 'X-Google-Original-From'
It is more useable, as for me. :)
fret
09/07/2014 7:55am
There are 2 general options that people want.

1) The user needs to send all email through the one SMTP server (typically their ISP's mail server). In this case the user configures the SMTP server in the options and selects it in the Accounts tab.

2) The user needs to send email through the SMTP server associated with the Identity / email address. In this case the user should go into the account settings for that email / identity and select "Only send through this account". In which case all replies and new email using that from address will be sent using the SMTP settings on that account.

In either case you shouldn't have to swap and change SMTP server settings during day to day use. The only time that should happen if you change connections regularly and need to use a different ISP's mail server.
ALL
09/07/2014 10:02pm
> you shouldn't have to swap and change SMTP server settings during day to day use. The only time that should happen if you change connections regularly and need to use a different ISP's mail server.

I get many mails in several different accounts. And I answer each person from its different account. I change 'default send account' several times per day. I hide my another send-e-mail-accounts from other person.

Every e-mail-provider has its smtp server.

Your answer is clear.
But in your understanding InScribe must have one 'default send account' only.
Changing 'default send account' isn't so simple as want.

Thanks. No questions