Thread

Index > Scribe > import and plugins
Author/Date import and plugins
Phil
21/06/2014 4:34am
InScribe ver2.53 does not import thunderbird contacts or outlook or anything else, goes through the motions but then contacts remains empty. I have even manually copied and transferred the ldif file, no joy.
and plugins do not work. When adding the plugins i get that lgi8.dll and lgi8x32.dll is absent from my computer. searching for these dll's i find no information about them
Phil
21/06/2014 4:55am
i also converted the ldif to csv, it made no difference at all importing or manually putting the csv file in the scribe folder
fret
21/06/2014 10:06pm
and plugins do not work. When adding the plugins i get that lgi8.dll and lgi8x32.dll is absent from my computer. searching for these dll's i find no information about them
I've fixed this and replaced the files in the v200 beta53 folder. Please re-download and try them out.

As for the import issue... need more time to look at that.
Phil
22/06/2014 9:08am
downloaded the ver.2.53 plugins and the same happened, no change. Am I doing something wrong? I place the plugin files in the scribe folder and then add File/plugin (add and Browse) to Scribe_GnuPG.dll and Scribe_Ldap8.dll and get
"the program can't start because Lgi8.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program tyo fix this problem."
"the program can't start because Lgi8x32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program tyo fix this problem."
fret
22/06/2014 12:40pm
Ok I'll test on a clean copy of windows and see what happens.
Philip
28/06/2014 1:25am
thanks....the system i use is win7 ultimate
fret
01/07/2014 10:53pm
i also converted the ldif to csv, it made no difference at all importing or manually putting the csv file in the scribe folder
I had a look at the Thunderbird contact import support tonight and basically just scraped the whole Mork parsing thing and re-wrote it to use the LDIF export files. The code is far simpler and probably more reliable.
Phil
03/07/2014 1:18am
Thanks, sorted ver 2.56 address import and plugins work :D