Thread

Index > Scribe > Scribe (commercial version) Filters Questions
Author/Date Scribe (commercial version) Filters Questions
loosegroove
11/04/2003 1:23pm
I am thinking about purchasing the commercial version of Scribe but I would like to learn more about the filtering system.

Does it filter both incoming and outgoing mail or just incoming?

Does it allow multiple conditions for a single filter?

In building a filter to look at the "From" field, can you enter multiple email addresses to have it check for? Or can it look to a nickname and have the nickname resolve the multiple email addresses (like Eudora)?

Can filters be manually applied to messages in addition to them being automatically applied?

I'm sure there are others but I'll add them later. Thanks!!
Toby
11/04/2003 4:49pm
"Does it filter both incoming and outgoing mail or just incoming?"

Not sure since I'm not sure why one would want to filter outgoing mail.

"Does it allow multiple conditions for a single filter? "

Yes.

"In building a filter to look at the "From" field, can you enter multiple email addresses to have it check for? Or can it look to a nickname and have the nickname resolve the multiple email addresses (like Eudora)?"

Well, you can specify multiple conditions joined by either OR or AND, so you could have a filter OR for multiple addresses or conditions I'm sure.

"Can filters be manually applied to messages in addition to them being automatically applied?"

They can be applied to the current folder manually, but I believe it applies _all_ filters and not a particular one.
fReT
11/04/2003 7:36pm
You can apply the actions of one filter to a mail by openning the mail, right clicking on the compose area and going into the filters sub menu. This currently doesn't work with messages displayed in HTML (although I will fix that).

You can filter the from address against a whole folder of contacts (ie mailing group).

The free version (i.Scribe latest) has one filter to let you play with the feature. Any futhur filters you define are not used until you purchase InScribe.