Thread

Index > Scribe > Solution to no send connection. Folders fix wanted
Author/Date Solution to no send connection. Folders fix wanted
Saq
02/04/2013 8:56pm
Installed Scribe 2.44 on W7/64, found I could recieve but not send, would recieve error message "couldn't open a connection to server", solution, on the "Send" configuration page, Server[:Port] line, enter server only, leave the port number off, this fixed it for me. over the last couple of forum pages this recieve OK can't send has come up several times, where details were given server+port were entered.
Changed name of a folder, now every time I open scribe an extra folder is added, (now have 17 trash folders), anyone know a fix for this.
fret
03/04/2013 9:51am
leave the port number off, this fixed it for me
So you can send now?

Changed name of a folder, now every time I open scribe an extra folder is added, (now have 17 trash folders), anyone know a fix for this.
The name of the folder should match the system folder settings. So if you have renamed the Trash to something else, you can fix Scribe re-creating "Trash" folders on start up by opening File -> Manage Mail Stores -> System Folders dialog and changing the path to the trash folder to whatever the new name you gave it.

This should be seamless but maybe there is a bug somewhere in renaming the system folders.
Saq
03/04/2013 3:27pm
Yes, I was then able to send, as an experiment I've just been back to Send configuration page and added [:25] on to the end of my server, click OK, then attempt to send, it's not working, "Couldn't open a connection to server".
So, back to config, remove port, send test, it's working OK, so that gives clear results, hope it helps someone when setting up.

Your folder fix has worked, no more have been added, Is there any easy way to delete/remove any of the folders in the LH column, or just the extra ones I've accumulated.