First Last Prev Next    No search results available      Search page      Enter new bug
Bug#: 139
Product:
Component:
Status: RESOLVED
Resolution: FIXED
Assigned To: Matthew Allen <fret@memecode.com>
Hardware:
OS:
Version:
Priority:
Severity:
Reporter: Nick Schirmer <DeepAqua@gmail.com>
Add CC:
CC:
URL:
Summary:

Attachment Type Creator Created Size Actions
Create a New Attachment (proposed patch, testcase, etc.) View All

Bug 139 depends on: Show dependency tree
Show dependency graph
Bug 139 blocks:

Additional Comments:







View Bug Activity   |   Format For Printing   |   XML   |   Clone This Bug


Description:   Opened: 2006-12-10 05:47
When I click the forward button instead of seeing the message as a forward, I
see the following:

---------- Original Message ----------
To: lt;mail.to[0].namegt; (lt;mail.to[0].emailgt;)
From: lt;mail.from.namegt; (lt;mail.from.emailgt;)
Subject: lt;mail.subjectgt;
Date: lt;mail.datesentgt;

lt;mail.bodyastext quote=scribe.quotegt;
lt;cursorgt;
lt;mail.siggt;

------- Comment #1 From Matthew Allen 2006-12-10 09:22:22 -------
This is fixed in the dev build already. So either you can revert to test7, the
last good build in relation to this issue or wait for test10.

------- Comment #2 From Nick Schirmer 2006-12-17 03:27:23 -------
Test 10 still has this issue. I see the exact same script when I try reply as I
posted before.

------- Comment #3 From Matthew Allen 2006-12-17 03:33:26 -------
Can you open up your options, go to the general tab, and see whats in the reply
and forward format?

I suspect that you have corrupted templates for reply/forwarding, but the code
that generated your corrupt templates is now fixed. So it might just be corrupt
data that is the issue, and not a problem in the code.

When I made the fix I tested it for the case that a) you do a clean install and
b) you upgrade from a scribe.r file. Both of which passed (eventually) with
flying colours. But if what in fact happened in your case is that you upgraded
to a buggy version, which corrupted the templates and then you upgraded again to
a good version then you'll still have the corrupt templates from the buggy
version in your options file.

For reference the default templates are:

---------- Original Message ----------
To: <mail.to[0].name> (<mail.to[0].email>)
From: <mail.from.name> (<mail.from.email>)
Subject: <mail.subject>
Date: <mail.datesent>

<mail.bodyastext quote=scribe.quote>
<cursor>
<mail.sig>

------- Comment #4 From Nick Schirmer 2006-12-17 03:42:04 -------
I have replaced the template with the default provided. This has fixed the
issue!

Thank you for your help

First Last Prev Next    No search results available      Search page      Enter new bug